Lithium-ion Battery Components Market: Anode Materials 2015
Product Code No:
Lithium-ion Battery Components:Anode Materials
Anode Materials Manufacturers
I Current Status and Future Outlook of Small Consumer-Use LiB Market
- Trends in Consumer-Use LiB Market by Application
- Largest sales of consumer-use LiBs have become those for smartphones.
- Global consumer-use LiB market in capacity reached 36,554,762kwh in 2014.
- Not only the market of LiBs for note PCs is on the decline, but the number of cells installed per note PC has been decreasing.
- Emerge of high volume LiBs and expanding demands of laminate-type cells are boosting the consumer-use LiBs for smartphones.
- Growth of LiBs for tablets has slowed down, because the functions of smartphones have evolved to overlap some functions of tablets, meeting tablet demands.
- There are stable demands for LiBs for electric tools.
- Since wearable devices are diverse and each of the shipment volume is small, laminate-type cells are preferred.
- It is unlikely that high-capacity LiBs will be preferred, although it is up to growth of the application market.
- Battery banks and electric bikes have drawn attention, as they can be new locations for installing cylindrical cells.
- Trends of Small Consumer-Use LiB Market by Cell Type
- Laminate-type cells are on the rise, while cylindrical, prismatic and pouch cells are in the tendency of declining.
- Transition of Small Consumer-Use LiB Market Share by Manufacturer
- Samsung SDI maintains its top position.
- Manufacturers that mainly produce laminate-type cells are expanding their market share.
II Current Status and Future Outlook of LiB Market for Vehicles (HEV/PHEV/EV)
- Trends in LiB Market for Vehicles (HEV/PHEV/EV)
- The LiB market for vehicles in 2014 is likely to attain 354.090 Billion Yen, or 5,502MWh in capacity.
- Trends in LiB Market for Vehicles (HEV/PHEV/EV) by Cell Type
- Battery types depend on specific design of car makers, required performance of the battery, and vehicle type.
- Transition of Market Share of LiB for Vehicles (HEV/PHEV/EV) by Manufacturer
- Currently, Panasonic, AESC, and LG Chem are the top 3 manufacturers
- Samsung SDI and LEJ are expected to increase their market share by 2014
III Current Status and Future Outlook on Anode Materials Market
- Current Status and Future Outlook of Anode Materials Market
- Graphite-base Anode Materials
- Carbon-base Anode Materials
- Oxide-base Anode Materials
- Metal/alloy based Anode Materials
IV Trends and Strategies of Anode Materials Manufacturers