Lithium-ion Battery Components Market: Electrolytes 2015
Lithium-ion-battery electrolytes manufacturers
I Current Status and Future Outlook of Small Consumer-Use LiB Market
- Trends in Consumer-Use LiB Market by Application
- Largest sales of consumer-use LiBs have become those for smartphones.
- Global consumer-use LiB market in capacity reached 36,554,762kwh in 2014.
- Not only the market of LiBs for note PCs are on the decline, the number of cells installed per note PC has been decreasing.
- Emerge of high volume LiBs and expanding demands of laminate-type cells are boosting the consumer-use LiBs for smartphones.
- Growth of LiBs for tablets has slowed down, because the functions of smartphones have evolved to overlap some functions of tablets, evading the demands for tablets.
- Stable demands are seen for LiBs for electric tools.
- Since wearable devices are diverse and each of the shipment volume is small, laminate-type cells are preferred.
- It is unlikely that high-capacity LiBs will be preferred, although it is up to growth of the application market.
- Battery banks and electric bikes have drawn attention, as they can be new location for installing cylindrical cells.
- Trends of Small Consumer-Use LiB Market by Cell Type
- Laminate-type cell have become on the rise, while cylindrical, prismatic and pouch cells are in the tendency of declining.
- Transition of Small Consumer-Use LiB Market Share by Manufacturer
- Manufacturers that mainly produce laminate-type cells are expanding their market share.
II Current Status and Future Outlook of LiB Market for Vehicles (HEV/PHEV/EV)
- Trends of LiB Market for Vehicles (HEV/PHEV/EV)
- The prospective LiB market for vehicles in 2014 attained 354,090 Billion Yen, or 5,502MWh in capacity.
- Trends of LiB Market for Vehicles (HEV/PHEV/EV) by Cell Type
- Battery types depend on specific design of car makers, required performance of the battery, and vehicle type.
- Transition of LiB for Vehicles (HEV/PHEV/EV) Market Share by Manufacturer
- Currently, Panasonic, AESC, and LG Chem have become the top 3 manufacturers
- Samsung SDI and LEJ are expected to increase their market share by 2014
III Current Status and Future Outlook on Lithium-ion-Battery Electrolytes Market
Surplus production capacity may invite further reduction of average unit price.
Growth has been slowing down based on monetary amount.
- Trends of Entire Lithium-ion-Battery Electrolytes Market
- Trends of Lithium-ion-Battery Electrolytes Market by Cell Size
- Trends of LiB Electrolytes Products
- Market Price Trends of LiB Electrolytes Products
- Transition of LiB Electrolytes Market Share by Manufacturer
- Transition of LiB Electrolytes Market Share by Country
- Transition of Production Capacity of Leading Manufacturers LiB Electrolytes Manufacturers
IV Trends and Strategies of LiB Electrolytes Manufacturers (13 enterprises)