High Capacity Capacitors Market 2015
Product Code No:
High Capacity Capacitors
Japanese Major Manufacturers and Distributors and South Korean Major Manufacturers
I Current Status of High Capacity Capacitors Market
- Decreasing manufacturers in the Japanese market caused by withdrawal or transfer of business
- Transition of market size
- Transition of market share by manufacturer
- EDLC (Electrical Double Layer Capacitors), with more than 300F, relies too much on application for Automobiles. The manufacturers had better develop products for non-automobile industries
- Japanese manufacturers are not performing well in the global market. However, JM Energy Corporation has been attracting attention as a manufacturer showing willingness to challenge into the world
II Approaches and Actions Addressed by Japanese Major Manufacturers and Distributors
- Kyokuto Boeki Kaisha (Maxwell Technologies)
- JM Energy Corporation
- TOC Capacitor (TPR CO.,LTD.)
- TAIYO YUDEN CO., LTD.
- Nippon Chemi-Con Corporation
III Approaches and Actions Addressed by South Korean Manufacturers
- Korchip Company
- LS Mtron Ltd.
- Vinatech Co., Ltd.
IV Policies and Measurements by Leading Manufacturers and Distributors
- Production and sales systems in the market that differ by each manufacturer
- Development of technologies and new materials has been in progress at each manufacturer, in spite of differences among manufacturers on development of modular
- While non-Japanese makers are competitive in terms of prices, the key for the Japanese manufacturers lies in Nippon Chemi-Con Corporation
- There are differences in demands between Japanese and Overseas markets. In Japan, EDLC can contribute to construction and industrial machineries, beyond which exists the automobile industry.
- Manufacturers of EDLCs pursue stable demands, while manufacturers of LiC pursues demands from substitution from EDLC
- Diversification of application seems to prevent EDLC from being stable. On the other hand, LiC manufacturers have been decreasing in number, causing LiC to diminish marketability
- Since Japanese market size is relatively small, there is no escaping for the Japanese manufacturers to enter the global market.