Powered Exoskeleton Market 2017
Buy this research
Domestic Powered Exoskeleton Manufacturers
I Current Status of Powered Exoskeleton Market
- Diverse companies regardless of the industry and size entered the market.
- Since there are enterprises newly entering the market and new products marketed almost every year, the options of powered exoskeletons for pragmatic use have expanded.
- Transition of Market Size:
- Those powered exoskeletons aiming to support tasks are driving the market. The market size in volume is likely to continue expanding.
- In FY2017, walk-assist type has expanded the size of the market in value, which covered the declined market of task-support type in value.
- Transition of Market Share by Manufacturer
- The market share by manufacturer differs greatly when compared by volume and value. There is variation according to the aim, method, and sales target.
- The market share of walk-assist types of powered exoskeletons by manufacturer also differs when compared by volume and value. IMASEN ENGINEERING CORPORATION and Sumitomo Riko are crucial in the market.
- The market share of task-support Powered Exoskeletons by manufacturer also differs when compared by volume and value. It can change as the newcomers enter the market.
II Approaches/Attempts by Leading Domestic Market Players
III Noteworthy Trends of Powered Exoskeletons
1. The mainstream of assistance methods is those that have power source, mainly electricity. Emerging assistance methods including those without power sources and those with power sources using compressed air are diversifying the assistance methods.
2. Universities have been contributing to the development of assistance methods, logics and potential effects.
3. The production, in many cases, relies on entrusted manufacturing, for such entrusted manufacturers thoroughly prepared to improve, without any anxiety of production capacity.
4. Diverse sales systems. The challenges for the next stage are to explore the use according to users, and cost effectiveness.
5. Targets of the walk-assist and task-support types are similar. Both competition and demand development progress.
6. The pricing of those with power sources and without power sources is similar with each other. The market environment, where the ability of each enterprises is tested, is about to be formed.
IV Potential and Future of Powered Exoskeletons
1. With regard to those walk-assist types, the use only for rehabilitation would limit the demand. They need to develop demand from individuals.
2. The market of those task-support types are accepting newcomers, but the enterprises are needed to be ready for fierce competition with limited demand for the time being.
3. The challenges for those with power sources are to reduce prices. The challenges for those without power sources are how to support users.
4. The market in the future should be led by task-support types that are used as necessities. To generate such a market, cost-effectiveness is crucial.
5. Manufacturers are evaluated according to their true values. If no assuring results can be earned by 2020, the makers are likely to find difficult to develop the demand.
6. The market size is likely to expand until FY2020, though the market size may be small. The period until FY2020 may decide the possibility of business expansion for the future.